POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Licensing, Ethics, Open Source and Philosophy : Re: Licensing, Ethics, Open Source and Philosophy Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Licensing, Ethics, Open Source and Philosophy
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 15 Jul 2008 06:52:45
Message: <487c817d$1@news.povray.org>
Alexandre DENIS wrote:
> I would have
> been interested in playing with POV-Ray some months ago. But the
> time-limited beta with no source code,

And here you show exactly why you are not welcome: You come with the
attitude that you *might* consider to do something if and only if someone
else first does something for you. So what you assert is that your
contribution *could* be worth so much more than a developer who has already
*proven* his/her contributions' worth, that said developer has to do work
beforehand, for you to even start working. -- Hmm, is it only me who thinks
that the only beneficiary using such logic is you, not the project you
*could* decide to contribute to?

	Thorsten